- During the first burn, the melt pool should reach the edge of the vessel or as close to the edge as possible to avoid tunneling and ensure an even burn throughout.
- Trim your wooden wicks! Before every burn, trim the wicks to 1/8 inch with a wooden wick using your hands. This is important to prevent the wooden wick from curling into the melt pool, and the wooden wick from getting too long which causes smoke and soot.
- Do not burn candles for longer than 2 hours at a time.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Keep burning candles away from any drafts, i.e., open windows, vents, air conditioner, fans, etc.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep candles away from flammable items.
- Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquified.
- Only burn candles on a level, fire resistant surface.
- Keep wax pool free of wick trimmings and other debris.
- Extinguish a candle if it starts to smoke, flicker or if flames become too high. Let the candle cool, trim the wick and check drafts before re-lighting.
- Do not burn candles all the way down. Stop burning when ½ inch of unmelted wax remains.
Once you have done with your candle, reuse your vessel.